Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: New idea for the day--Selah Carys or November Valentina?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Selah (Say-lah) Carys

10 66.67%
  • November (nn Ember) Valentina

5 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New ideas for girls' names all the time! Help!

I've been on here for a week and through (helpful!) feedback, have gotten so many great ideas. I guess I am here again...and of course, if you find these names intriguing, please vote or give some feedback. If not, no worries. At least seeing the unusual names made you think.

Here's some new options we're considering:
    1) Selah (Say-lah) Carys

2) November (nn Ember) Valentina

And here's the backstory....The time period baby was conceived was highly stressful for us (now passed, thank God!), but nonetheless, we were suprised at our strong little fighter that came through that. The boy option is Caius (nn Cai) Marcel (most likely) which comes out to be Rejoice Little Warrior. But we still just have not put our finger on a possible girl name for this, and would love the name to have the meaning that we feel is connected to this baby.

Selah -- means rock, and also refers to the moment of reflection/pause/stop&think at the end of Psalms. Selah Carys for me, then, would be Pausing to think of Love (the blessing God gave us in the midst of a storm).

Baby is due in November--thus, that idea. Plus, I love the NN Ember. Valentina means healthy/strong/powerful which is what this surprise blessing baby has had to be to have been conceived during a super stressful time. But, November Valentina makes us think of Thanksgiving (the month) and the healthy baby that made it.

So these are all the meanings behind these unusual choices. And honestly, pronouncing Say-lah and Ember is not going to be hard for people--just a little unusual. Wdyt?
    Last edited by rebekah83; May 28th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

I love the meaning behind Selah Carys, but I don't think anyone will know how to pronounce Selah when they first read it.
    November Valentina is a mouthful! I do like the nickname Ember, but I've never been crazy about the name Valentine/a.

My suggestions:

I think November Carys is best... plus so many nickname possibilities!
    aurora- autumn- ashwyn- bambi- bernadette- calliope- emmalou- henriette- indigo- ione- january- lark- leela- llewellyn- lydia- marnie- molly- narnia- noelle- oralee- penelope- philomena- rain- raven- roxy- ruby- snow- tessa- thora- waverly- willow- winter- wren- zoe | abel- aesop- angus- banjo- bartholomew- bear- bruce- burkley- darwin- elliot- finn- flynn- foster- henry- indigo - knox - laszlo - lyle - navy - nemo - noah - otis - oakley - rainn - thatcher - thomas - thompson - titus - zen

Thanks! Yes, November Carys was an idea we've had too--I feel like I have so many it's hard to narrow them down! I love your perspective here. Thanks!

I do think changing the spelling might be worth trying. We've had some issues w/ our older daughter's name. I don't regret spelling it the way we do--but might not have the patience for it 2 times! (and that would be just our own fault, ha).

I love the thought and meaning behind your names! I'm actually the opposite of the previous poster -- I love Valentina but not so much November. I voted for Selah Carys -- beautiful name choice!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I say a name is out if you have to tell us how to pronounce it.. then nobody else would either.. I love the nn Ember also!!