Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Name for Horse

Sonnet is an awesome name!!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Some names of horses I have owned and other's have owned that might work for you are:

Molly
    Lexie
    Sky
    Finny
    Special
    Cricket
    Darcy
    Sara
    Halie
    Chloe
    Lottie

... just to name a few hope this helps and good luck!
    Happily married 10.2010. TTC our first!

I still think Sonnet is a really good name for a horse.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”

― J. Michael Straczynski

My horse is called Indra after the God of weather and war in Hindu mythology. In mythology, Indra wields a lightning thunderbolt, and my horse has a lightning thunderbolt shaped star (a white facial marking between or above the eyes on a horse).

I wanted to pick a name that fitted a characteristic about him and his lightning shaped star seemed the most obvious. (My mom wanted me to call him Harry, after Harry Potter, but I was after something a bit different).

Perhaps you could give the horse some kind of marking, which you could use to inspire a name, I'd be happy to give you a quick guide to horse markings if you want.

NB: I call Indra 'Indy' for short.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I really like your avatar!!!

― J. Michael Straczynski