Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name for Horse

Open the dictionary to a random page and pick the first two-syllable word you find.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Tawny is a great horse name in my opinion.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

i feel you, friend - i hate horses, but somehow find myself writing them into pretty much every story? hmm. i really like word names for horses, like these:

prairie
    calico
    yankee
    cricket
    cameo
    zephyr
    ranger
    sonnet

i like the suggestions of playing with the color of the horse, but what i'd do is name the horse a spin on dakota! dakota means friend or friendship, right? so what about bellamy, winifred (is winnie too on the nose for a horse?), amity, auden, livingston, irving, theophilius, jebidiah, winthrop?

hope that helps!
    ~*sophie*~

19-year old lady and a name nut! hoping for a beautiful wife and many children...

current loves:
    LADIES - callie, june, olive, posy, ada, greta, sadie, pearl, nellie, clover
    GENTS - felix, oscar, silas, gus, oliver, leo, teddy, henry, arlo, james

My cousin had a horse named Beulah , I always thought that was a great name for a horse =)

or play on the qualities of a horse eg speed

for example

Ryker (M)
    Salma (F)

both mean fast .
    Last edited by penelope83; May 20th, 2013 at 11:39 PM.

My cousin had a horse named Beulah , I always thought that was a great name for a horse =)

Or maybe play on the qualities of a horse - fast , sturdy etc

e.g

Ryker (M)
    Salma (F)

both mean fast
    Last edited by penelope83; May 20th, 2013 at 11:42 PM.