Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these names too much?

We are thinking about a 3 rd child. We have Ellison Grace and Benjamin Edward. Is Henrietta Abbott or Zachariah Abbott too much? Out last name starts with a "C" so I'm not sure about HAC as initials. But I just found out my great grandmothers maiden name was Nellie Abbott and I just love it. We would shorten Henrietta to Etta. And Zachariah to Zac. Would the initials ZAC be corny? And finally, inadvertently we are Ed, Erin, Ellison , and Ben (and when Ellison was born we had a dog Emma). I'm not into all the E's so we diverted for Ben. Will he feel left out with an Etta?
    Last edited by emmapants; May 12th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

I also really like Henrietta Jane. But Etta Jane???? Too much like Etta James???

I like your choices. I think Abbott is a cool name. I wouldn't worry to much about HAC. It's not like it's RAT or ZIT or HIV; and chances are she won't keep the C forever. ZAC is a little corny but Zac might think it's awesome. I know a guy who goes by Ash and his innitials are ASH and he thinks it's really cool. If Ben feels left out because everyone else has an E name, remind him that Etta is actually Henrietta, so techically it's an H. Or you could (jokingly) offer to call him Enjamin.

Cool names! Best of luck!

Benjamin Edward is great-- that's my little (25yrs) brothers name! Edward was our father.

oops hit enter too quick-- Henrietta is so pretty, but I Have an Aunt Henrietta who is always called Hank! Beware nicknames you might not like!