Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I like Mara. There's going to be a part where she reunites with another friend of her's. Mara could be that friend. I'd be bitter too if one of my friends was murdered.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    Eugenia Rosemary, Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Robin, Roscoe Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Reuben

I agree completely. Mara is a good name, but I don't know if it's fitting for the main character. It would be good to incorporate it in using a secondary character as you are suggesting.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Butter ball or pumpkin due November 2014

Married my best friend 05-11-13
    Riley Bean went to be the Lord Summer of 2013...almost 2 months

I like Mallory the best for this character. Mallory seems like a real person. I don't like it when authors use super plain names (unless it fits the character), but it also also annoys me when they try to make them over-dramatic sounding. Mallory sort of bridges that gap. It's not like Jennifer, but it isn't like Desdemona. (Sorry to all the people who liked that name, but seriously, who in the heck would name their kid that?)

I'd say Mallory's your best bet... Cassandra's a nice name, but I tend to keep my characters' names short. Easier on the reader...