Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Of all the suggestions, I really like Mallory. Mallory Roth feels real to me.. my second choice would be Cassandra.
    Mama to 4 handsome, awesome boys!
    Sebastian, Oliver, Elliott and August

My vote is cast with Renee, second vote Anastasia, third Cassandra.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I agree that Mallory would be an appropriate choice. There is also Mara, which means "bitter," Lola is "lady of sorrows," and Deirdre means "sorrowful." I personally think Deirdre Roth flows nicely. Good luck!

Mara is a good name, too.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Melissa means bitter, and maybe that can be the name of the friend, or the main character.