Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Name for my character

I'm writing a story about a girl who is murdered by her closest friend. She is reincarnated with all of the memories of her past life and it's up to her to bring her murderer to justice. I need a name for the girl she used to me. Her name in her new life is Angelina Winslow. Her old last name was Roth. I'm looking for a beautiful name with a misfortunate association to it.
    A teenage writer and name lover~
    Priscilla Beatrice, Louisa Eleanor, Anastasia Faye, Valentina Jane, Flora Guinevere, Diana Evangeline
    Winston Kenneth, Malachi Lazarus, Reuben Carlisle, Simon Glenn, Francis Arthur, Abraham Roscoe

Mallory means unlucky
    Delaney means dark challenger
    Lilith means night monster

My favorite of these is Mallory. Mallory Roth flows well, and unlucky would aptly describe someone murdered by a close friend. Though night monster certainly has it's perks, haha, but the double 'th' with Roth makes the name too repetitive and soft, I think.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Ooooh, I like the suggestion of Mallory. Sounds very good.
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

For this, I think my favorite would be DEsdemona, which is a Shakespearean name which means "ill-starred" and has a super tragic backstory. Desdemona Roth sounds really cool.

I like Desdemona and Mallory, but my suggestion from the two would be Desdemona. Cool nickname potential, plus not everyone would know the secret meaning behind Mallory.
    My suggestions are:

Juliet (yeah, not very creative, but everyone knows the story)
    Brennan means "descendent of the sad one" and can be changed to a girl's name, something like Brianna or Brynn, maybe
    Thana (means death...kind of depressing, but fits the story)
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski