Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Short story! Need babies names!

Hi, I'm writing a short story for English. It's about a rich couple May and Sebastian. They already have 15 kids...Anyway they are having twins. This may sound far fetched but its meant to be a sort of comedy/silly story. It's basically just to enhance our imagination.
    I only mention some of the other kids names Benjamin, Harry, Isobel and Vivien. It's boy/girl twins. I have some names but need more.

Girls:
    Tina
    Margaret
    Tricia
    Charlotte

Boys:
    I have no clue!!
    Heidi Amelia| Joel Dashiel| Lydia Briar| Elijah Peter| Lucy Colette| Carson Dale| Melissa Jasmine| Thomas Flynn| Zoe Belle| Jamie Christopher| Lilo Claire.

“I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I noticed that you really have two styles going here. You've got classics like Margaret and Benjamin, and names that were more popular around the '70's, like Tina and Tricia. You might want to think about whether you want to go with a particular style for this family -- that might help you decide on the rest of your characters' names.

I'm going to plug your list into Nymbler and see if I can find some names that are similar to the ones you've mentioned. You can do this yourself, of course, but I'll give you a quick sampling:

Plugging in Margaret, Charlotte, Benjamin and Harry:
    Alexander
    Algernon
    Anne
    Ava
    Caroline
    Daniella
    Elsa
    Grace
    Graham
    Ida
    Lawrence
    Leo
    Lucy
    Olivia
    Philip
    Robert
    Russell
    Quentin
    Stirling
    William

Plugging in Tricia and Tina:
    Autumn
    Brent
    Darren
    Ginger
    Greg
    Jody
    Joey
    Laura
    Megan
    Stacey
    Tammy
    Teresa
    Todd

See the difference in style? You can mix and match, of course; just make sure you consider what kind of image you want your names to create in the minds of your readers. '70's names imply certain things, and so do classics.

Sounds like a wonderful story, by the way.
    "Nothing ever fatigues me, but doing what I do not like."

Nymbler? Never heard of it!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I like Graham, William and Laura
    Heidi Amelia| Joel Dashiel| Lydia Briar| Elijah Peter| Lucy Colette| Carson Dale| Melissa Jasmine| Thomas Flynn| Zoe Belle| Jamie Christopher| Lilo Claire.