Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The SSA list is out. What names are you mourning?

I was holding my breath that my favorites wouldn't jump up the list...and most of them totally did.

Juniper went from 953 to 883. Iris broke into the 200s for the first time in a decade, no doubt thanks to the influence of Violet (now in the top 100, sob). Eloise rocketed from 449 to 364 - particularly impressive given that she only debuted on the list at all in 2009. Clunky, spunky Matilda, who I had hoped would be trend-proof, jumped 100+ places to 658. Hazel and Jane went up too.

The boys list was much less traumatic. Simon and Gabriel held steady, Judah and Jasper only jumped about 20 places each, and Felix dropped. Benjamin and Thaddeus eked up on opposite ends of the chart while Raphael and Rafael both made quite a leap (sigh). Otherwise my favorites seem to be chart-proof (knock on wood), with Dashiell, Atlas, Wallace, and Roscoe remaining under the top 1000. Marigold, Cordelia, Sailor, Thea, Marlowe, and Sylvie also stayed off the SSA radar. Phew.

How did the SSA rankings effect your list? Do you prefer to stay out of the Top 10, or the Top 100, or the Top 1000? What names have you mourning, biting your nails with worry, or looking to replace? (I would love to find an alternative to Eloise, who I can see hitting the Top 20 at this rate.) Or are you one of those enviable Berries to whom popularity and trendiness don't matter at all?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

I've never cared that Zoe was popular. I knew it. But I will admit feeling a twinge of "should I use it" after seeing that with combined spellings, Zoe moves all the way to 7. Sigh.
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    I've never cared that Zoe was popular. I knew it. But I will admit feeling a twinge of "should I use it" after seeing that with combined spellings, Zoe moves all the way to 7. Sigh.
    I love Zoe and Chloe. On the bright side, they're both still fantastic names. On the not-so-bright-side...so many terrible misspellings. So many.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

I was really surprised how popular Cora which is a little disappointing. Layla is really high too and Liam but that's been popular.
    Favorites~
    Boys: Nash, Liam, Conrad, Finn, Kit

Girls: Layla, Kasia, Ada, Clara, Tessa

Quote Originally Posted by cassafrass1219 View Post
    I was really surprised how popular Cora which is a little disappointing. Layla is really high too and Liam but that's been popular.
    I was surprised at all the spelling variations of Layla that charted. Laylah, Leila, Lailah, Laila, Leyla...