Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Crushes! Thoughts?

Lately I've been crushing on these--thoughts? I think they'd mostly be MNs, but I'm just curious as to some thoughts.

Claudia. I had somewhat given up on Claudia, it seemed rather dated, but I have this adorable coworker with the name, and she's really brought it to life for me. It just feels so classic and unexpected! I like that it's lower-ranking, too. I was thinking possibly Lillian Claudia Joy or Zara Claudia Joy for a combo.

Coppelia. There's just something unexpectedly cool about it. Plus, I've been getting back into playing the piano, and one of my favorite pieces right now is Valse Lente of the ballet Coppelia. It's such a hauntingly beautiful melody, and the name Coppelia just seems to suit that. I have no clue what I'd pair it with, though. Tess Coppelia? Zara Coppelia?

Mirielle. I just like it! It's rumored to mean "admired", which I think is lovely. I love the idea of Zara Mirielle. I think it might have originated from a misspelling of Mireille (mee-RAY, rather than mee-ree-elle), but I'm loving the frillier -ielle ending. Plus, a very beloved great-aunt's FN is Muriel, and Mirielle sounds so similar, but a bit more updated. I just really like it.

Anyway, thoughts?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Mirielle! Zara Mirielle is so beautiful.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Claudia- I think the sound is quite pretty, but I can't get past the meaning. I think Lydia is more melodic, and doesn't have the "clawed" sound.

Coppelia- I think the musical association is quite pretty. I think Eve Coppelia would be gorgeous.

Mirielle- It's too frilly to me, but the family connection is very sweet.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Claudia - I really don't like it. TBH, I think the sound is very ugly and not feminine at all. I imagine a grouchy old lady that gets offended over the smallest things.

Coppelia - I honestly like Capella better. Coppelia just reminds me of copper and just seems clunky to me.

Mirielle - Love this, especially since Miri has been an early love of mine. It has such a melodic sound to it! Zara Mirielle is lovely!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~

I adore Coppelia! NB really needs to add it to the database. Zara Coppelia is gorgeous.

Mireille has been growing on me lately. I'd pair it with a longer first name. From your signature, maybe Arianne Mireille or Olivia Mireille.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr