Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby #3!

Baby #3!

Hi! My husband and I are currently pregnant with our third child, and are a little stumped with names. We have two sons, Marco and Miles, and we're looking for a name that compliments both.

I'm not dead set on a name that starts with M- we've just been attracted to those names. Although I wonder if it would be odd to break the "pattern". What do you think?

I really love handsome, romantic names for boys and elegant names for girls. My husband generally has the same taste.

Here are some of our ideas:

Matthew
    Henry
    Edward
    Colin
    Frederick
    Oliver
    Aaron
    Benjamin
    Theodore
    Murphy *family name

Julia
    Catherine
    Phoebe
    Maeve
    Meredith

I worry that some of these names are a little plain in comparison.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by hydrangea; May 14th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

I think Matthias goes well with Marco and Miles and its similar to Matthew on your list. I think you should stick with the M's that way your child doesn't feel "left out". For a girl I'd suggest Melissa or Molly

I hadn't thought of Matthias or Molly- but I like them! Not sure I care for Melissa, though.

Perhaps Matteo?

I don't think it's necessary to stick to an M theme. I'd say the 3rd child is where you have to decide if you want a theme or not though. If you go with an M name for #3 and then decide on a 4th child, it would be a little weird not to give #4 an M name too. But 2 M names and then something different looks more like a coincidence to me.

From your lists, I love Meredith and Phoebe best for girls, and Henry, Theodore and Frederick for boys.
    Matilda, Vera, Enid, June, Eleanor, Beatrix, Adelaide, Elisabeth, Louisa, Daphne

Edwin, Frederick, Calvin, Arthur, Walter, Rowan, Winston, Keith, Robert

Oooh, I like Matteo too! Thanks for the feedback.