Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby #3!

Baby #3!

Hi! My husband and I are currently pregnant with our third child, and are a little stumped with names. We have two sons, Marco and Miles, and we're looking for a name that compliments both.

I'm not dead set on a name that starts with M- we've just been attracted to those names. Although I wonder if it would be odd to break the "pattern". What do you think?

I really love handsome, romantic names for boys and elegant names for girls. My husband generally has the same taste.

Here are some of our ideas:

Matthew
    Henry
    Edward
    Colin
    Frederick
    Oliver
    Aaron
    Benjamin
    Theodore
    Murphy *family name

Julia
    Catherine
    Phoebe
    Maeve
    Meredith

I worry that some of these names are a little plain in comparison.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by hydrangea; May 14th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

I think Matthias goes well with Marco and Miles and its similar to Matthew on your list. I think you should stick with the M's that way your child doesn't feel "left out". For a girl I'd suggest Melissa or Molly

I hadn't thought of Matthias or Molly- but I like them! Not sure I care for Melissa, though.

Perhaps Matteo?

I don't think it's necessary to stick to an M theme. I'd say the 3rd child is where you have to decide if you want a theme or not though. If you go with an M name for #3 and then decide on a 4th child, it would be a little weird not to give #4 an M name too. But 2 M names and then something different looks more like a coincidence to me.

From your lists, I love Meredith and Phoebe best for girls, and Henry, Theodore and Frederick for boys.

Oooh, I like Matteo too! Thanks for the feedback.