Names Searched Right Now:
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    I can see that Cosima is a favourite for you and the nameberries.

I have been googling and found out that there is a St Junia (mentioned in the Bible (Romans) and then there was St Lydia of Illyria and she was a most interesting saint as I have just read how she and her family survived torture in Illyria.

I am very fond of Melisande, it has a whimsical feel for me and while it wouldn't suit you I can imagine a Melisande Calypso.

So much for my brain which can only stay charged for a short time.

Warmest congratulations on baby.

rollo

Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments.

@rapt how funny, we coincided! Cosima definitely has more meaning for me than Noor.

@brigid yes, I am leaning towards that approach. Cosima would be for St Cosmas, as you know, and the female saint I most admire is Cassiane/Kassiani, and husband quite likes that name. Helene is under strong consideration as it would honor my MIL, who has an Arabic name starting with H that she doesn't like much. I love Chrysanthe and Cassiane both, but don't think I could pair either with Cosima and keep a straight face.

@rollo yes, Lydia of Illyria was a real person, and I told @ottilie that she is celebrated on ottilie's daughter's due date, which was a happy coincidence. Melisande Calypso is too whimsical for me, but definitely has a lot of flair.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Cassiane Hélène is really beautiful too. I love the idea of honoring your MIL.

I'm with everyone who loves Cosima Noor. I like the idea of something that links to both your profession and the kid's heritage so perfectly.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Cosima is very cute. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't agree! I think Cosima Helene is a nice combination, which I prefer to Cosima Noor.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter