Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks @esswei. I think Melisande will go off the list-- I agree with its queenly overtones, perhaps a bit much (the historical Melisande was a queen of Jerusalem, after all). Prisca sounds prissy to me (and rather like 'prick') and Junia is very sweet but probably won't work with our surname. Thank you for the suggestions though.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

Bladey - I decided to check in on you and the name picking extravaganza. I am excited you've been calling the wee-human Cosima in your head.
    Love it. Cosima Noor would be stunning though it sadly doesn't fulfill your religious requirement. (<sigh> You sure a double middle - if both are short - or just no eastern orthodox link isn't an option?)
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Oh, Cosima works from a religious perspective. There are several saints called Cosmas, including one celebrated on Dec 5 (essentially my due date). The most famous Cosmas was a "mercenary physician," a doctor who refused to take payment and specifically treated the poor, which resonates with me.

Husband has weighed in and loves Noor, so Cosima Noor might be a contender, unless people think it's too cheesy? ("light of the cosmos" or whatever)
    Blade, MD

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I really like Anastasia and Sylvia! A name I personally like is Arria because of its Roman owner. I know it can also be spelled Aria and Arya, but the Roman is spelled with two rs. I also really like Theodora and Theodosia. I'm not sure if any of these appeal to you, but I thought I might make the suggestion!

thanks-- I have Theodosius on my boys' list, and Theodora is nice. Arria is too similar to mega-popular Aria for me, alas.
    Blade, MD