Results 1 to 5 of 116
May 11th, 2013 05:27 PM #1
Suggestions for a Byzantine Baby Bladette
I'm expecting a small human, sex determined but unknown, in early December; I'd love to start namestorming!
Requirements for a bladette (girl):
- I don't care for frilly or lacy names
- historical depth and namesakes are very important to me
- no more than 1 middle name (brightline rule per husband)
- at least one of the two names must be that of a saint recognized by the Eastern Orthodox Church. This includes all Christian saints canonized before the Great Schism in the 11th century, and all Greek/Russian/Arab/Slavic saints canonized since.
- baby's surname is distinctly Arabic and phonetically works like "Nawaal" or "Nasim." First syllable is Na- so any girls' name ending in -na is out.
- since I'm not Arab, I'm not looking for an Arabic first name, but would consider one for the middle
- I love medieval, romantic, strong girls' names
- French names are great; I speak French fluently as does husband's Lebanese family. However in the States diacritical marks aren't allowed, so nothing whose pronunciation depends on one
- should pair coherently with son Antoine Raphael
Thoughts thus far
Averill / Everild
Cyrielle (prn. with hard K)
Maris / Marina
Suggestions and combinations more than welcome. Until we find out the gender, husband has zero interest in discussing this, so feedback will be all mine.
Last edited by blade; May 11th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.Blade, MD
XY: Antoine Raphael
XX: Cassia Viviane Noor
Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier
كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq