Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Rosamond Chrysanthe would be striking. Cosima, Evanthe, Everild, Lucienne, and Myriam also stand out to me for the first name.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Aquila - yes yes. One of my favorites for you. Incredibly refreshing and sharp and evocative. Love it.
    Averill / Everild - Prefer Everild “ever-wild.” Averill is wonderfully old and French, but makes me think of Avril Levigne, and “avarice.”
    Anastasia - Grand and windswept. A great name, but it alphas Antoine in a big way.
    Aristea - Like Aristedes? Cool. To me it feels a bit thinner, more sketched than some of your other names.
    Constance - Such a good virtue to wish on a child. I remember you liking Constantine. Constance could be a very down-to-earth nod to Constantinople.
    Cosima - With my obnoxious nicknaming habit, I’d probably end up calling her Cozy. But Cosima is a Renaissance beauty with pearls braided into her hair. Gorgeous.
    Cyrielle (prn. with hard K) - Sorry, but I hear some cross between cereal and kirie eleison.. but I think a Cy name would be perfect for a child of word-fanciers, with the connection to the cyrillic alphabet and St Cyril. Cyprian feels stronger and more balanced to me.
    Endellion - Yes yes yes. It’s silvery slithery yet solidly contained by the Ns at both ends. Powerful.
    Evanthe - Sounds witchy to me, though I know the character was not. Reminds me of Circe. Beautifully balanced.
    Lucienne - Eh. Too close to other Lucy names... I think it would be misheard as Lucy-Anne.
    Melisande - I love this, but it’s hard to say fast.. You have to slow down and say it in a really fawncy voice. I like a name that sounds good in lots of different accents.
    Meriel - This one’s sneakily beautiful. Such a vast feeling about it. “Bright sea!” I do love her frumpy cousin Muriel but I know you prefer the lightness of the E.
    Myriam - Smart and French, unassumingly elegant. I do know a Miriam who hates her name and goes by Mimi. Another marian name I like: Soledad. Could be cool with Antoine, for a little Afro-Cuban flavor. Acacia from the crown of thorns... Or the Magdalene names.
    Nerissa - Splashy, free, nereid name. A completely different animal than Marissa, but I fear it may suffer from the Belphoebe Effect (see Lucy-Anne.)
    Rosamond - Weighty and beautiful. An excellent name for a traveler. I imagine her spinning a globe with her eyes closed, or bathed in colored light from a rose window.
    Sunniva - Very Scandinavian to my ears. If your husband’s Sunni, it might be kind of nifty.
    Sylvia - This is my middle. I really enjoy it. Not as unusual as some of your others, but lovely with Antoine. It’s woodsy and mysterious, yet ladylike.

Ambrosine - I prefer Ambrose, but this is a pretty great feminization. Makes me think of ambrosia.
    Alair - tracheal suction, right? Whatever happened to Altair on the boy’s list? Or was that Otter’s name...
    Apolline - What would you pair it with? Sylvia Apolline, sun in the forest...
    Cassiane - Cassia feels purer to me. “Cassie-Anne.”
    Chrysanthe - Gorgeous, layered. Don’t you love the smell of chrysanthemums? Hard to describe- very alkaline, like the smell of rain.
    Eirene - “eye-REE-nee?” Cute as a button. Is that what you’re going for? I prefer Cybele for that kind of bouncy sound.
    Floriane - Prefer Florian for a boy.
    Maris / Marina - Maris. More bite.
    Myrrine - Purrrrr! Ooh la la I love this.
    Noor - I love this MADLY. It’s marian, it honors your husband’s heritage, it’s just fricking beautiful.
    Solenne - A bit sterile imo.. but it does have a nice open sound. Prefer Solace.
    Sylvaine - Yes. It’s darker than Sylvia. The forest at night.
    Theophane - Fabulosity.

So my favorites are: Aquila, Everild, Constance, Cosima, Endellion, Evanthe, Meriel, Myriam, Rosamond, Sylvia, Ambrosine, Apolline, Chrysanthe, Maris, Myrrine, Noor, Sylvaine, Theophane.

Adding: Xenia, Limnaea (after Saint Limnaeus but also close to Linnea, from Linnaeus. “Limn” is a good word.) Emmanuelle, Anthousa, Manon, Delphine, Justine. And since your baby may be born on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception- Nunzia!

More ideas and combinations later. I really want to jump on the Rosamond Chrysanthe bandwagon, but it’s too many florals in one name for my taste.

I love this kind of style, even if its a bit bolder than I'd personally do, I love it. Some of these are on my list. I'd go with:

Aristea Floriane
    Cosima Noor
    Evanthe Sylvaine
    Lucienne Noor
    Melisande Alair <---my fave
    Myriam Cassiane
    Nerissa Ambrosine
    Rosamond Alair
    Sylvia Chrysanthe
    Maximus Alexander (April 2012)
    Audrey Juliet Sophia (August 2014)
    Owner of "The Art of Naming!"

The ones that I really like from your list

Averill
    Anastasia
    Constance
    Cosima
    Lucienne
    Nerissa
    Rosamond
    Sylvia

Ambrosine
    Apolline
    Cassiane
    Eirene
    Floriane
    Marina
    Myrrine
    Solenne
    Sylvaine

All very pretty!

I have been crushing so much on the "ine/een" ending names lately. It's nice to see you have some of them here! I really love Marina or Marine such a lovely sound. Some others could be

Celine
    Marcine
    Beline
    Delphine
    Francine
    Eileen
    Jolene
    Lorine
    Noreen
    Opaline
    Selene
    Rosaline
    Pearline
    Georgene
    Constantina
    Maurine
    Helene

Good luck choosing!
    Last edited by mickie86; May 12th, 2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added some additions as an afterthought.....