Results 1 to 5 of 25
May 11th, 2013 02:43 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- May 2013
Uncertain About Our Top Two Names
We've had two names in mind for a while now, but both have problems and we're uncertain about them. We need some outside perspective!
We know we want the middle name to be Sophia (after my grandmother), and I'll use the last name Stapley here for reference (not actual last name but close). In general, we're going for "romantic" names that aren't too popular.
Name 1: Aurora
Why we like it
Pretty name, princess name, like the meaning, like the possibility of using nickname "Rory".
1. Initials - Aurora Sophia Stapley = ASS = not good. Workarounds are to give two middle names (e.g. Aurora Lyla Sophia Stapley), add something to Sophia (e.g. Aurora AnnaSophia Stapley), use a weird spelling of the middle name (e.g. Aurora Zophia Stapley), or call her by her middle name (e.g. Sophia Aurora Stapley).
2. Pronunciation - With all the Rs, it can be a little difficult to say Aurora.
3. Popularity - On the rise, almost in the top 100, and worried now that Sleeping Beauty is on Once Upon a Time as well (though possibly the Aurora, CO shooting will prevent too much growth)
Name 2: Melisande (pronounced mel-eh-sahnd)
Why we like it
Romantic name, unusual, princess name (Flight of Dragons movie), Melisande Sophia Stapley sound pretty good
1. Pronunciation - No one will ever know how to pronounce or spell the name since it's French.
2. Obscurity - it may just be too strange, and we don't want her growing up regretting her name
3. Lack of nickname - we can't think of any good nicknames other than "Mel" that we like. I feel a cute nickname is very important to have as an option while she is growing up.
What does everyone think about the names and the problems? Should we stick with these or go back to the drawing board? Thanks!