Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I need an alternative to Imogen!

Since I was young, I've always said that if I had a daughter, I'd name her Imogen. Never been sure why, but I've loved it for a long time.

I'm the first in my social circle to fall pregnant, so I don't know a lot of young children, and I've been sitting comfortably thinking that Imogen was a bit of a rare gem. BUT recently I've found out that Imogen was the 32nd most popular name in England and I just can't get over that I signed up here a few days ago and decided to let myself think it over, but I'm now sure that I can't bring myself to use a name that's so common. I suppose there's just a niggling feeling in me that wants something at least a little bit original.

So I think I'm going to go with Imogen as a middle name. Meaning for the first time, I now have to actually have to start thinking about girls names! Very nerve-wracking for me but also quite exciting.

Hoping you guys can help me here. Some other names I like (which also seem to be quite popular) are Georgia, Phoebe, Florence & Annabel. I suppose I like classic names, but I also like names that have a little bit of edge to them. I'm hoping to find something that's not in/close to the top 100 and I'm willing to search for it! I'm open to ANY suggestions. Names to honour: Elizabeth, Rose, Ida, Peter or George would be lovely, but not necessary.

Oh, and if 'it' is a he, he'll probably be Rowan Jasper, or at least that's what I like for a boy right now!

Thank you all for getting through my long post
    Jilly x

Yes, Imogen is ranked at #32, but that only means 1773 babies in 2011. Not that many when you think about it.

Names that could replace the gorgeous, beautiful and enchanting name:
    Charis #1096
    Elodie #260
    Elowen #2432
    Emmeline #749
    Esme #72
    Felicity #178
    Fiona #569
    Hermione #392
    Iris #147
    Isobel #80
    Isolde #4049
    Lillias unranked
    Lucia #185
    Marion #2893
    Olwen #4764
    Viola #1374
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Verity was my first thought.

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Yes, Imogen is ranked at #32, but that only means 1773 babies in 2011. Not that many when you think about it.

Names that could replace the gorgeous, beautiful and enchanting name:
    Charis #1096
    Elodie #260
    Elowen #2432
    Emmeline #749
    Esme #72
    Felicity #178
    Fiona #569
    Hermione #392
    Iris #147
    Isobel #80
    Isolde #4049
    Lillias unranked
    Lucia #185
    Marion #2893
    Olwen #4764
    Viola #1374
    You're right, it's not too many, but it has just really put me off using it as a first name now unfortunately I really love Elodie, Elowen, Emmeline, Felicity, Hermione, Iris and Viola, thank you! I also really like Lillias, but I already know a Lilas and it's a bit too similar for my liking. Love your little girls name by the way, I've never heard/seen Illyria before.

Quote Originally Posted by svea View Post
    Verity was my first thought.
    I adore Verity, thank you!

Keep the suggestions coming, I need all the help I can get!!

The first name that came to me was Ebony.
    First time Mum to Luke Michael.