Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Help!

Please Help!

Hi all, I'm a first time poster in desperate need for help!!
    I have a very difficult husband when it comes to naming!!! He will not make any of his own suggestions, but rejects every name I suggest!!
    I've tried various styles etc (even names i don't like!) to try to get him to agree with something but have had little luck!
    So far the only names he likes are:
    Florence (which I don't mind but it isn't my favourite)
    Cleo (again I don't mind it)
    Lily

Not much to go from I know, but what names do you suggest that I can put to him! I'm open to any ideas!
    I prefer names that are classic or vintage, but I'm open to any suggestions!
    We have one older daughter, Helena Ruby (prn Helen-a)

Thanks,
    Gigi

Re: Please Help!

I love Helena Ruby! If your unhelpful DH says no to all of your suggestions, why don't you ask him to make his own list and see what he comes up with? Here are some suggestions. Good luck!
    Josephine
    Violet / Viola
    Amelia / Emilia
    Caroline
    Cecily
    Mirabel
    Cordelia
    Imogen
    Francesca
    Louisa
    Fiona
    Corinne
    Susanna
    Charlotte
    Georgia
    Rosemary / Rosalie
    Jessamine
    Elizabeth
    Adeline
    Ginevra
    Sybil
    Lucia / Lucinda
    Catherine
    Matilda
    Juliet
    Diana
    Felicity
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Perhaps you could try both making a top 10 list. You could then each rank the other's list in order of preference. No outright vetoing allowed. It may not solve the problem, but it could be a good way to get a more productive discussion going.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.. theres some there I really like.. I'll see how they go!

Also, I have tried to geet him to make a list or suggestions, but he either refuses or just makes joking suggestions. It is quite frustrating, especially because the due date is getting closer! I will try asking for a list again, hopefully he will make some suggestions finally (hopefully good ones )