Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Question Fetal Doppler Rental?

Hi there,

I just learned yesterday that it's possible to rent home-use fetal doppler machines, so you can listen to baby's heartbeat any time and reassure yourself that baby is still there and ok. I'm wondering if anyone here has had experience with one? They're regulated by the FDA and listed as safe for baby but of course that isn't 100%. Also, you have to get your rental approved by a doctor - so I called mine and she apparently doesn't like them. She said they're harder to use than they seem, esp this early (I'm 10 weeks tomorrow) and can cause undue stress when mom and dad can't find the baby's heart beat, even tho baby may be fine.

These last 2 weeks have been very slow and hellish...and we still have 2 more to go before our next doctor's check in. This is right about the time we lost our last pregnancy so that's why we're extra nervous. It just seemed like a gift from god to hear we could check on things at home! But hubby is lukewarm to the idea.

If anyone is curious, the site I was looking at was www.babybeat.com. Apparently they can rent for anywhere from $20/month up to $50 or $60 (or prob higher). I would love to hear a story from someone who's tried one!

Thanks!