Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Marjorie has 'j' sound like the words jump and jade.

My grandmother's name is Marjorie and she pronounced it Mar + Juh + ree. Pronounced that way, it's not difficult at all.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

It's pronounced Mar-jor-ee, to copy what everyone else says. I like Margery and Marguerite more, but Marjorie kind of avoids the nickname Marge, and that's a big plus.
    I'm a young writer who's obsessed with baby names!!!!!!!!
    Favorite names coming soon...
    Elrock13

Oh, thanks. I'm not a native English speaker, so I don't always pronounce names the right way.

I pronounce it MAR-jor-ee. with a hard J sound. I'm guessing this is the English pronunciation as opposed to the French or Spanish pronunciation? if you want it pronounced MAR-jor-ee- no, I don't think it's too difficult. if you want it pronounced ma-ree-OH-ree, I think you're going to have a problem.
    Current Favorites:
    { Adelyn :: Elisabeth "Elise" Kate :: Cassandra "Cassie" Vivienne :: Charlotte "Charlie" Lorraine :: Adelina :: Josephine "Josie" }
    { Everett Cole :: Adam Carson :: Camden Bennett :: Alexander "Xander" Mason :: Aidan Blake :: William "Liam" Anthony }