Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Arcadia?

It's beautiful! I can't remember but I have a feeling it might be the name of some magical land from a book I read when I was little. It does have a magical feel to it, very exotic and otherworldly and almost medieval. And so unique- I would love to meet an Arcadia.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I love Arcadia with the nickname Cadi. Beautiful!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Moreso than the word arcade, I think of it (Arcadia) as the name of a fantasy world or place in a video game. I kinda like it, though not as much as Illyria and Astoria, which give me the same vibe.
    19 year old name lover with impeccable taste (◡‿◡✿)

Arcadia is a beautiful name. I'm a bit confused about the meaning sated here on nameberry though; Arcadia was considered a paradise or Utopia, but it's name came from King Arcas who ruled the region. Arcas derives from the Greek word arkos which means bear (King Arcas was the son of Callisto by Zeus and later became the constellation Ursa Minor).

But again, I love the name and did consider it very strongly for my daughter. I don't see arcade in it at all, I imagine freedom, forests, hunting parties and the most beautiful nature and bird song (quite the opposite of an arcade really).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

It's lovely and bit familiar.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country