Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'm going through the bottom of the girls' list right now, and everyone who's baffled by Collins should know that Collyns and Kollyns are two of the dreadful "alternative" spellings I've located for this name.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I am very surprised by names like Brenda, Nancy, Wendy, etc. Very surprised. I may be reaching here, but I know a lot of babies that go straight into the foster care system are given Jane Doe-like names. Do you think that could explain these names?

One name that continues to surprise me is the popularity of Gianna (#73). I have only heard this name used once before, and that was in a book! Other surprises is the continued HIGH popularity of Ashley. Alyssa was a surprise too, I haven't heard this name used since like 1993. But most of the top 100 at least didn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by allythys View Post
    And why didn't the parents of all the Micheals go back and correct their typo? Surely they were all typos...
    Well, the Irish form of Michael is spelled Micheal...and pronounced MEE-hawl. I doubt there are that many of them, though. Plus it really should be spelled Micheál. Just thought I'd mention that, though it probably only accounts for a tiny percentage of those little Micheals running around.
    Teen writer with a name obsession...
    Orson Augustus or Calvin Nathaniel
    Astrid Valentine or Edith Penelope
    Orson, Calvin, Astrid, Edith

Quote Originally Posted by tomorrow View Post
    Well, the Irish form of Michael is spelled Micheal...and pronounced MEE-hawl. I doubt there are that many of them, though. Plus it really should be spelled Micheál. Just thought I'd mention that, though it probably only accounts for a tiny percentage of those little Micheals running around.
    Parents might spell it Micheál but the SSA doesn't recognize accent marks.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by uselesskitty View Post
    I wasn't surprised about Peyton, Brooklyn or Jaxon. Aaliyah is a surprise. Genesis completely boggles my mind.

Nevaeh still baffles me to no end.
    Same here. Especially on Nevaeh.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Frances Emilia ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Ezra Benjamin Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Samuel John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P