Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    The most baffleing name on the girls list in my oppinon was Collins. Whaat? Where did that come from and how did it make the top 1000? Retro name that were still on the list (for girls) that surprised me: Brittany, Stephanie, Melissa, Brenda, Jenna, Jennifer, Amanda,Wendy, Nancy, Sandra, Denise... A few old lady names that surprised me because they seem to fit the overall trend but they weren't too similar to the ones I've heard discuWhssed on Nameberry: Geraldine, Barbara,Dorothy, Judith, Edith... And Malaysia? What the heck? Why? When did Logan become a girl's name and what kind of name is Tinley/Tenley? Also, how many ways are there to spell Allison? Or Jazzlyn?
    And on the boys side... Just plain Junior made the top 1000? Why would someone just name their kid Junior? And why didn't the parents of all the Micheals go back and correct their typo? Surely they were all typos... More retro-feeling 80's/90's names that are still high on the charts: Austin, Brandon, Tyler, Colton, Kevin, Justin, Bryan/Brian, Kyle, Ashton, Brady, Sean, Bradley, Harrison, Cody, Trevor, Shane, Kenneth, Brenden... Old man names that surprised me: Eugene, George,ect. I was surprised by the numer of Maximuses (Maximii?) , Gunners, Waylons, Cannons, Bostons, Wades, ect. I was surprised by all the spelling options for Zaydens, Braydens, Xaviers (Xzavier???), Jacksons, Elijah, Isaiah, Jace, Josiah... I was surprised by all the nickname-y names like Johnny, Jimmy, Drew, ect. I was also surprised that Avery ranked pretty high for boys.
    I was surprised at certain names that were on both lists: Rylan, Cameron, Skyler, Landry, ect...
    All in all, yes it was head-exploding.

Genesis is a very common name with Hispanics. It's popularity might be a sign of the growing Hispanic influence in the US.

My head more exploded at the butchering of Madison, Addison, Madeleine, and Adeline. I won't get into how Madison and Addison mean "son of..." but seriously, Maddilynn?? It's in the top 1000. *facepalm*
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Genesis is a very common name with Hispanics. It's popularity might be a sign of the growing Hispanic influence in the US.
    Ahh that makes sense. I live in Canada, we don't have a large Hispanic popular, so sometimes the names they choose seem really odd to me. Genesis being one of them. Jesus being another...
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

I actually like Jaxon a lot. I like the look of it and I also like Jax as an alternative to Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    Yep. What dindlee said. I went to an elementary school that was something like 60% Hispanic, and it seemed as though every tenth girl was named Genesis. I think it has a pretty sound.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Mazarine Cosima Odette Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr