Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gwendolune

Gwendolune

I heard this somewhere and am currently crushing on it. I can't find anything on it online, though it seems it might have (extremely) minimal use in France. Seems kind of like a smoosh of Gwendolen and Luna - white moon, fair moon? It's somewhat odd to have a Welsh and Latin-based combination like that.

I'm not generally a fan of made up/altered names. That said, I kind of really like the sound. It's just different enough from the typical -lyn ending of Gwendolyn to be quirky and interesting.

What do you think of this name?
    Mama to Isolde (Feb 2012) & Poet (Aug 2013)
    Crushes:
    Absalom Aslan Aura Beau Chrysanthemum Cocoa Coraline Crow Dandelion Dodger Dragonsong Echo El-ahrairah Fable Hawkeye Hedwig Ivan Kingsmark Ksenia Madrigal Mercury Oz Penna Poem Raspberry Sapphire Snow Sweetbriar Tundra Wit

names and stories and such

I like the sound but for some reason I don't like how it looks! The 'e' at the end seems out of place for some reason. The only other way you could spell it would be Gwendoloon but that looks a bit silly!
    ~ 20 year-old name lover ~

I think I prefer Gwendolen.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

I love Gwendolen. Gwendolune? Not so much. The lune at the end reminds me of loon, a crazy person, not the bird. Even if you say lune the french way, it still flows terribly with Gwendo.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

If I saw it somewhere I would think it was a typo.