Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zealand

Zealand

I was just wondering.... What does everyone think of the name Zealand? I came up with it a few years back while putting some books back on a shelf at the library and seeing a book on New Zealand. With kids named Paris and London and America... Why not?! I love love love the nn Zealy, Zeal and Zea. I'm just concerned that people will hear it and think it is really weird, or that family will be shocked by it or kids will tease him. We have absolutely no ties to New Zealand. Just love how Zealand sounds. Do you think it could fit a baby, a little boy, a teenager, an adult? Or does it just sound like trouble? I am totally in love with it! I just need the assurance that it is ok to use!

I think... it is a country and an island. It may not help that I dislike almost all place names :/ I can almost understand why someone would want to use Paris, Vienna, London etc because they sound like they could be names, but when it comes to place names with -land at the end, I despair. Perhaps if you had a strong link to the country it would make a cute middle name but otherwise, yes, it is trouble. I'm having issues trying to see it as a name let alone seeing it fit a boy of different ages! I reckon that if you really love it and have to use it, you should leave it in the middle spot.

Aw that kind of makes me sad... I've heard so many people that really love it! Any other opinions?

I don't think using place names is a big issue. After all, many places were named after people... So there are many people who even have place name surnames, i.e. Jack London. However, Zealand just doesn't really strike my fancy. I can't put my finger on it, but the sound just doesn't appeal to me.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    I think... it is a country and an island. It may not help that I dislike almost all place names :/
    This. Totally.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.