Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ren as a NN for Rowena?

I love the name Rowena but it seems rather heavy, especially for a small child. Ren seems like such a fun name! Can it work, or is it too much of a stretch?

Also, what do you think of the combo Rowena Lucy Pearl? Not too sure on Pearl, but it's so sweet I couldn't resist.
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Bumpity bump!
    Proud furmom to:
    Pepper, Kuno, Mia, Rosalind, Gwendolen & Cecily
    Currently loving:
    Elysia Maeve~Marina Isolde~Linnea Violetta~Minerva Sophronia~Merida Ianthe~Eleni Finola
    Tiernan Hugo~Felix Lysander~Orion Casimir~Caspian Milo~Evander Anslem~Leonidas Gavin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cosima Helene & Emrys Jasper

Quote Originally Posted by sidura View Post
    Ren seems like such a fun name! Can it work, or is it too much of a stretch?

Also, what do you think of the combo Rowena Lucy Pearl? Not too sure on Pearl, but it's so sweet I couldn't resist.
    Firstly, yes, it is Secondly... I don't know if it could work for Rowena :/ Like... the letters are there but the sound isn't. For example, I could sort of understand Rosie as a nickname for Rowena because of the 'ro' sound but there's no corresponding noise in Rowena that matches Ren other than 'r'.

I like Rowena Lucy but feel like it's a bit much with Pearl on the end. Maybe it's the rhythm of the two short names? Rowena Lucy Margaret (with the meaning of pearl) is nice too
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Depends on pronunciation, methinks. Am I right in thinking that a lot of North Americans pronounce Rowena as ro-WEN-uh? If so, the nn Ren is feasible and cute However, if it's pronounced like how I would say it, ro-WEEN-uh... not so much.

Rowena Lucy Pearl is ok, but I think with some rejigging with some other names it could be better
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I like Rowena Pearl. And I think the nickname Ren for Rowena works fine. Go for it.
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!