Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If people's ideas don't match the real character, don't be worried. As many (many, many) people have informed me, the actual person behind the name is what people associate the name with in a story.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I love Aurelia, I think she should be the main character! I picture her to have long, golden locks and a quiet, thoughtful personality.
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

These will probably sound completely random and unfounded, but that's how they appeared in my head, so here goes -

Silas Virgil Alden - Practical and street-smart, but also a history nerd. A pessimist, but loyal. Good at arguing. Nicknames - Si, Virge (?), Sal

Percival James Creeding - Kind of the polar opposite of Silas. Frivolous and kind of big-headed, but still likable. Nicknames - Percy/Perce, Erce (?), PJ (my favorite, haha), PC...I actually think initial nicknames work well for the character I visualized.

Aurelia Everly Mercer - This. Now this - all your names are great, don't get me wrong, but this one is the one that jumped out at me. This is who I would guess was the heroine/protagonist of your story. I'd imagine her with fair hair and brown eyes, reads a lot, but more fiction, mythology, and poetry, rather than nonfiction like Silas. Hot temper. Clumsy. Judgemental and kinda bossy (hey, nobody's perfect). Strong and confident most of the time, puts up that facade even when she doesn't actually feel that way, and masks any other emotions she might be feeling. Has this desperate desire to prove herself. Nicknames - Aura, Lia, Ever, Allie.

Toril - like you said, the sensible, practical, tough woman. The one who keeps Percival in order and gets Silas to quit moping. The only one who can see through Aurelia's facades. The backbone. Is usually harsh, sarcastic, and brisk, but good at heart.

Toril Isolde is really good!
    Last edited by calypsotheoneandonly; May 31st, 2013 at 01:30 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

I agree, Toril sounds very practical.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

all your names sound like they belong to very beautiful, very hardcore BAMFs to me.
    Some people are worth melting for.