Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What images do these names conjure?

I'm trying to name my four main characters, and I'm having quite a bit of trouble. What do these names bring to mind? Who should be the central character? Include nicknames, if you please.

Silas Virgil Alden

Percival James Creeding

Aurelia Everly Mercer

Toril ____ ____
    Just a lonely teenager creating a life through characters. Budding author and future failure. I despise the idiots. The nameless berry.

Chandler-Fallon-Adelaide-Antoinette-Avalon

Alastair-Quillon-Ephraim-Luther-Atticus

Come on, people.
    Just a lonely teenager creating a life through characters. Budding author and future failure. I despise the idiots. The nameless berry.

Chandler-Fallon-Adelaide-Antoinette-Avalon

Alastair-Quillon-Ephraim-Luther-Atticus

Silas-a young red or dirty blond haired boy with freckles, kind but quiet
    Precival-brown haired, more outgoing, but with underlying worries and responsibilities. Possibly the hero?
    Aurelia- pretty girl who is fun and nice, sarcastic, and easily likable
    Toril-I've never heard that name before ad don't even know if it's a girl or a guy!!!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Silas Virgil Alden- Quiet and brooding. I'd say Silas was one of the main characters and Percy was his entertaining friend

Percival James Creeding- The name Percival always reminds me of someone mischievious and charming, good-looking. Percy

Aurelia Everly Mercer- Main girl. Delicate and pretty? Not like a damsel in distress. She'd maybe read a lot, really smart. I can't picture a warrior woman with this name, but she wouldn't be totally helpless. I think I read a book once where the main girl had this name and she was a princess but she was also a thief. Maybe Lia for short? Not much in way of nicknames

Toril Annora
    Toril Millicent
    Toril Helisent
    Toril Isolde
    - The name Toril makes me think of a really strong woman, someone stubborn and independent, maybe a little abrasive but really sweet underneath it all. Maybe she'd be or become Aurelia's close friend
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Girls: Seraphine, Kristabel, Magdalena, Shiloh, Opal, Jobie, Calla, Seeley, Noelle, Mara, Lucille

Boys: Robin, Gabriel, Mackenzie, Nash, Phillip, Raphael, Edmund, Abraham, Lewis, Pierce, Link

Current Crushes: Mackie and Devlin

Silas Alden - the L's and A's run together a bit, but it's okay. Tough, moral guy, probably with a loud voice

Percival Creeding - stuffy/stick up his butt, pushy. Though a nickname like Civ might alleviate that, but Percy/Perry is more natural.

Aurelia Mercer - lotsa R's, big eyed and amazed by everything. Rilly would be a cute nn.

Toril Janica Grady - older blonde woman, sage-like
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas