Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What would you name a sibling to Everett?

Hi y'all! We have decided not to find out the gender of this baby, so we need a few names for both genders. I plan to do a post with our list soon, but right now I'm looking for suggestions to add to the list.

First, a few reasons I love the name Everett:
    Easy to pronounce
    Recognizable, but not too common (I think it was around 300 when we chose it)
    Masculine
    Soft sounds to go with our hard last name (sounds like Cockran)
    Respectable, but still friendly and easy going
    We get great reactions from all sorts of people because they had a grandfather or other beloved relative with that name.
    Good meaning

I would like a name with some of these same qualities. I'm from Texas, and I like names that are maybe somewhat western and friendly sounding. Names that you would picture on a rough and tumble outdoor kinda boy. Rugged, dependable, etc. I also love nature inspired names, but my husband is a bit picky on that front. He loves nature, he just wants our boy to have a masculine and bully-proof name. I'm wearing him down some though, especially when it comes to middle names ;-)

Here are a few names that come up a lot that we don't like. (they are ok, just not our style)
    Emmett
    Elliot
    Sebastian
    Theodore
    And no mythology names. I'm not opposed to them, but I feel strange using them because we are Christian.
    There are more of course, these are just some berry favorites that I thought I'd eliminate right at the beginning :-)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions! We are so lost on boy names.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

I originally thought Hudson, but after reading your post, I think that might be too popular... some others I thought of were:

Easton
    Elijah
    Elias
    Holden
    Jude/Judah
    Quinton/Quincy
    Rafferty
    Levi
    Silas

Here are the names that come to mind for me:

Jesse
    Curtis
    Cael
    Gage
    Westley
    Judd
    Sutton
    Weston
    Elan
    Dex
    Travis
    Trevor
    Heath
    Raymond
    Grady

Thanks ladies!
    @litysmama- Levi is one of the names on our list. It is one of my husband's favorites. (I really like it too, I just knew a really strange guy with that name, and the association is hard to break ;-) Elijah, Elias, Silas, and Quinn have all been on our list in the past too. We took Quinn off because of the rising popularity for girls (though I'm still not sure how much that bothers me), and Elijah and Elias got removed by my husband because he has had a lot of students with those names. Though he does keep suggesting Eli. Rafferty and Quincy are really fun. I may have to consider them. Thanks!
    @alzora- It's so funny that you mentioned Jesse because my great grandfather's name was Jesse, and I've been going back and forth on it for a while. And Raymond is my dad's middle name :-) I also really like Weston, Elan, and Heath from your list. I like a lot of the other names too, they have just already been eliminated for various reasons. Thanks!

Quick question: What do y'all think about names that end in -an or -on with our last name? For instance, is Weston Cockran difficult to say? I can't decide if it works or not. I like a lot of boy names that end in n, but I get a little tongue tied with some.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

I have such a soft spot for the name Everett, it's such a wonderful name. But here are a few names I came up with;

Weston
    Warren
    Alden
    Merritt
    Stanley
    Prescott
    Fletcher
    Walker
    Flynn
    Broderick
    Porter
    Garrick
    Keane
    Russell
    Dalton
    Ridley
    Harrison
    Bradley
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair