Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Older name with southern flair

Hi there, I'm new-ish around here and am expecting #3. This time around, I'm not finding anything that I love and could use some help!
    We already have Hugh Augustin James and Georgiana Claire Evangeline. They go almost exclusively by Gus and Georgiana. I really like older sounding names with a southern flair (we live in the south). I like British names, too.
    We don't want another G name, nothing with "Anne" or "Anna" b/c of Georgiana, and our last name is similar to Shafer.

My current list for girls is:
    Magnolia - not sure if this is *actually* usable.
    Clementine
    Rosemary
    Felicity
    Luella
    Constance - I don't want this to get shortened to Connie, but don't know what alternative nicknames would be.

I'm also open to double first names, as they are pretty common around here and I think they're very girly and southern. Some that I like:
    Mercy _____ (possibly Kate?)
    Verity June
    Mary Hampton (Hampton is a family name)

I'm open to suggestions and would love to see what y'all think of my current list and what you can come up with! Thanks so much!

mom to Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    fave girls
    fave boys
    fave combos
    just for fun combos

Hugh, Georgiana, and Rosemary or Hugh, Georgiana, and Felicity would be perfection. I would suggest Pearl as one of the middle names; it's very Southern.

Rosemary Luella Pearl and Felicity Magnolia June are my favorite options from the names in your list.
    Last edited by southern.maple; May 10th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Gideon ◊ James ◊ Quentin ◊ Solomon ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Caroline ◊ Catherine ◊ Gwen ◊ Georgia ◊ Elizabeth ◊ Lydia

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    Hugh, Georgiana, and Rosemary or Hugh, Georgiana, and Felicity would be perfection. I would suggest Pearl as one of the middle names; it's very Southern.

Rosemary Luella Pearl and Felicity Magnolia June are my favorite options from the names in your list.
    Love the suggestions of Rosemary Luella Pearl and Felicity Magnolia June. I am also a big fan of Magnolia as a first name. I feel like everyone has suggested so many great names. I'll second Pearl as a middle and Evangeline and Emmaline for first.
    Sara Beth Cook wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    DH Currently Deployed will be TTC #3 Winter 2014

I think Magnolia is not only usable -- it is perfect! I also like Clementine. As you have a Georgiana, obviously you do not feel compelled to shorten everything to a nickname. I think if you are willing to go all three syllables, Clementine is lovely and its one failing is that I don't really like any of the nicknames (except Emme) and I dislike Clem or Clemmie.

Henrietta (Hetta, if you like)
    Evangaline
    Emmeline