Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think Magnolia is useable, nn Maggie or Meg or Madge. Clementine is super cute and full of nn potential (if you like nns). Clemmy would be adorable. Rosemary is beatiful as well. Felicity is perfection-- nn Lissy. I'm not a fan of Luella or Constance.

Mercy is wonderful but I can't see it as part of a double name. I think it's simple southern sweetness all on its own. The same goes for Verity. June or Junia or Juniper are all sweet on their own. I like the idea of Mary but I can't find a way to like it in actuality except as a part of names like Rosemary. I know non-girly surnames for girls can be a southern tradition but I'd save Hampton for a boy.

Other suggestions:
    Maybelle
    Pearl
    Marie (on it's own or part of a double)
    Annemarie
    Anna-Kate
    Ella
    Ella-Kate
    Ella-June
    Samantha
    Laurel
    Jerusha (I hear it sometimes and it sounds kind of southern. Nn Rue?)
    Eleanor (Tons of cute nn potential: Elle, Ellie, Ella, Lin/Lyn, Nora)
    Norah
    Emmeline (love this suggestion)
    Evangeline (this one too)
    Talullah (or however it's best spelled. Nn Lula?)
    Lily (on it's own or as part of a double)
    Georgia
    Georgia Mae
    Georgiana (this suggestion is gorgeous but it reminds me more of Georgiana Darcy than the south)
    Mabry (pronounced May-bree)
    Therese
    Mary-Therese
    Aubrey
    Jocelyn
    Susanna/Susannah/Suzanne
    Susanna-Mae
    Lucy
    Lucy-Mae
    Lucy-Marie
    Elisabeth
    Samantha
    Amelia
    Amelia-Mae
    Amelia-Kate
    Mara
    Mara-Mae
    Mara-Leigh
    Ava-Marie
    Ava-Leigh
    Molly
    Molly-Rose
    Molly-Mae
    Molly-June
    Sadie
    Sadie-Mae
    Sadie-June
    Sadie-Ann
    Primrose

And if you're feeling adventurous: Southerland or Southerlyn/Southerlynn. I guess you could also spell it more phonetically, Sutherlynn or Sotherlynn. I like the sound but I have trouble finding a good spelling...
    It's kind of a family name for me but how could you get more southern than Southerland? It's kind of a stretch but you could use Sally or Sadie as a nickname.

Well, that's all the stretching my brain wants to do. Maybe you'll like something out of all of these, they're kind of all over the place. I like you're southern taste! Best of luck!

I really like Magnolia and Felicity from your list. I like Mary Hampton too. Mercy sounds cute paired with Jane.
    Lorelei
    Susannah
    Claudia
    Lilah
    Sadie
    Cordelia
    Patience
    Geneva
    Scarlet
    Jocelyn
    Coralie
    Dahlia
    Louisa
    Camille
    Lavinia
    Serena
    Celia
    Mariah
    Mary-Rose
    Mary-Alice
    Last edited by lis09; May 10th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.

O looooove all your names!!! Up front my favourites would be Magnolia (i think its totally usable!), Clementine and Luella. I really like Constance too but I agree...I dislike Connie. Though, you call your son Gus... you could call Constance by a nn related to her middle....or perhaps use Constance in the middle?
    Clementine Luella June or Magnolia Constance June are pretty...
    I like suggestion of Pearl as a middle too... How about Luella Clementine Pearl or Constance Clementine Pearl?

I also like suggestions of Mirabel and Marigold...

My husband (surprisingly) is liking Magnolia! He ranks it higher than Felicity and Rosemary, so it could very well end up being our winner. I'm loving all the suggestions, though. So many of them are names of people we know, so y'all must have a good handle on southern names

[QUOTE=yellow;1892807]I see people questioning Magnolia's usability on here ALL THE TIME, but I admit I don't get it. I know a little Magnolia, and she was the first I'd heard of. When I saw her birth announcement, I thought to myself "Wow, how unusual!" and after it settled I realized what a nickname goldmine it is. Maggie, Nolie, Nola, Madga, Magpie, Magno when she's being silly. I just don't see the issue with it from a usability standpoint. I think it's super-duper accessible and truly wouldn't be questioned.

Ditto x1000.
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Clover/ Adelaide Clover/ Athena Violet/ Liliana Wren/
    Osias Grey/ /August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Hawthorne Flynn*