Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which first/middle name combo do you prefer?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rose Aideen

8 21.05%
  • Pearl Josephine

30 78.95%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rose Aideen or Pearl Josephine? Help us decide!

My husband and I are down to two potential names for our daughter (due in July), but we're truly stuck.

We're afraid of picking a name that is or will become too popular (I have one of those, and it was annoying!)

We're also interested in each name's nickname potential--Rosie? Josie/Posy?

Thanks!

Rose Aideen sounds like she came straight out of the 50s. Both names are somewhere between rockabilly and hickster; I actually really like it. I love Rosie.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I love the vintage charm of Pearl Josephine. I like Rose but the combo Rose Aideen sounds like one long name (Roseaideen).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I slightly prefer Rose over Pearl. Because they are so short I wouldn't use a nickname or I would wait and see what comes up organically after she is born. You would be surprised what kind of nicknames end up used because of personality or appearance etc. I am not a huge fan of Aideen, and would actually prefer Rose Josephine.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

"Hickster" made me laugh (never heard that before--thanks!) But that's not too off-base; I had been all for the name Roxanne (Roxy for short), but my husband vetoed it...