Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I think Jacob sounds good with your other boys names. I like your suggestions of Luke Preston. I also really like Asher, I would push for that one. There are a pair of brothers name Asher and Josiah that we go to church with, super cute IMO!
    Wife to Ross Allen Cook 03.11.06
    Mama to Lilla Clare 12.05.09 and Vivienne Grace 03.16.12
    TTC #3

I go back and forth on Jacob. I agree Jacob Luke is handsome, but quite "C" heavy. I've liked Jacob a lot, but absolutely loathe the nn Jake, which is why I would never opt for it myself (that, and it's been the most popular name in the country for fourteen years!). The popularity of this really does bother me--most names I've loved that are popular--the popularity doesn't phase me. I could easily have an Isabella or Emma or Sophia or Olivia. They're beautiful names, and are literary and international and wonderful. But Jacob? Each year it continues to come out on top, it loses its lustre more and more. I do like the idea of Jacob nn Jack, though--there's a little old man in my church who's Jacob nn Jack, and I think that's pretty cool, personally.

That, and I have a story I had been writing that involves a Jacob who is very dear to my heart--as soon as I take it up again, I'm sure I'll be madly in love with Jacob again. I imagine a gentlemanly guy with the biggest heart. The kind of guy who adopts his fiance's children and holds doors open for his first date, whose mom is pretty much his best friend. Smart, cultured, handsome, charming. Although that sort of is exactly my Jacob. Minus the mom thing--his little sister's his best friend, actually.

I think it's a great option, but it does seem a bit lacklustre next to Jonah, Isaiah, and Levi! Personally, I can't get over the fact that you're not using Samuel anymore! I loved Samuel for you!

A few other ideas:

Micah
    Judah
    Matthias
    Silas (och! I love the idea of Jonah, Isaiah, Levi, and Silas!)
    Cyrus
    Boaz (I couldn't not slip this one in! I think it's so cool, especially with the nn Boaz. My grandmother was Ruth, so I'm a bit obsessed about this as a way to honor a Ruth. But it's great on its own, too...)
    Gabriel
    Hiram
    Asher (this would be so cool if you could convince him!)
    Elijah
    Simon/Simeon
    Reuben
    Malachi
    Zachariah
    Seth
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

I don't like Jacob for me but it's a perfectly fine name. I really like it with Jonah, Levi, and Isaiah. I don't care for the combo Jacob Luke though, I agree that Luke Jacob would sound nicer.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Since your other guys are Old Testament names- Ephriam, Gideon, Ezekiel (Zeke! love!), Ethan, Emmanuel, Reuben