Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    My thoughts: Jacob Luke doesn't flow well. I am usually pretty good for stressing both names individually so they don't run together, yet these two names end up turning into a mangled Jake-ah-Bluke, Jacobluke and etc. Luke Jacob is far easier to say. Both Jacob and Luke are handsome biblical names that go well with your other kids names. Would fit in well with current naming trends.

My actual opinion: Jacob and Luke type names are super popular right now, and super boring and expected, especially paired together. I would try to use at least one name that is a little more interesting in the mix.
    Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    Something about the hard c/k sound in Jacob and Luke is throwing me off. Luke Jacob sounds better...
    I was thinking the exact same. I really like Jacob and if it helps, I have it paired with Tristan. Do you know many Jacobs? I judge popularity on the people I know or have met with the name. I honestly think Luke or Lucas would go better with your other boys' names as you already have a J name.

Thanks! I don't know any little Jacobs... I threw Jacob Matthew or Jacob Samuel back at him... but I really like either Luke Giovanni or Luke Preston... We also already have an L name, so I am not worried about having another J name either. I think Jacob is a very handsome name... but agreeing, it sounds off with Luke.... Wish he would go with Asher, but he continues to shoot it down.. have just thought of Silas... but not sure how that would sound with our last name that starts "ES" as in the letter S and ends "ah"
    Any more ideas?????
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Ttc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!

Luke Jacob does have too many 'k' sounds - but I do like Luke Preston from your list.
    Some other ideas:

Luke Francis
    Luke Jonathan
    Luke Jameson
    or
    Noah Jacob
    Last edited by kyemsma; May 10th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo