Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Occupational/Title Names

My husband and I are having a hard time agreeing on a boy name. Meaning has been important to me, but I'm thinking that it might have me overlooking some names I could really like. I have been drawn toward a few occupational or title names because I like the flow and sound of the names. Some of the names I like are more common whereas a few are more uncommon. Please give me your thoughts and opions on these names. Please feel free to add some more as well.

Fletcher
    Sawyer
    Shepherd
    Deacon
    Slater

Fletcher - This one is okay, but I'm not sold on it
    Sawyer - Love this name, it is getting pretty popular, but it has a great sound. However, I know that people are now using this name for girls too.
    Shepherd - I like Shepherd and you have the nn potential of Shep, it sounds handsome and strong
    Deacon - I like this one too, it has a great sound to it
    Slater - This is a great name, I think of Saved by the Bell, but it's still a cool name!

Other occupational/title names

Thatcher
    Archer
    Booker
    Walker
    Cooper (really like this one!)

I really like Archer from your list. It has the option of the nickname Archie, which I love too.

Sawyer and Shepherd are my favorites. I especially like Shepherd because it feels so friendly and warm. I'm not a fan of the others.

Try this list for more ideas: http://www.britishbabynames.com/blog...-surnames.html
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Fletcher- I don't know why, but this name really doesn't do it for me. I think I'm just not drawn to ultra-masculine names, which this one is.
    Sawyer- This name has simply never grown on me. I think I just see it as too little kiddish.
    Shepherd- Ok, I like this one... especially with the nn Shep.
    Deacon- This is too tied to religion for me to like...
    Slater- Like on "Saved by the Bell"? Again, I'm just not a fan of ultra-masculine names. I mean, I think they could be hard to live up to. I think Slater should be extreeeeeemely manly... So what if he's really scrawny and nerdy? What if he's a hair stylist or an overweight accountant? Then Slater would be an ironic and funny name... not a fan.

Other suggestions:
    Tucker
    Fisher
    Archer
    Booker
    Wilder
    Cooper
    Spencer
    Chandler
    Bridger
    Ryder
    Ryker