Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    It's a very strong name, but I would only use it if I or my husband were of Greek origin.

Olympia is stunning, gorgeous and dramatic. It's a very strong name with loads of history, a great thing as far as I'm concerned!
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Victoria, Diana, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy... don't love many boys' names!

I love Olympia. Greek but graceful, not guttural. A great name for a girl. I see mountains and bright blue skies.
    Olympia Rose is magical. I know that Rose is fairly common as a middle name, but it really softens Olympia without weakening it.. The echoed O-sound is lovely. Roses are flowers that powerfully embrace you with their fragrance. They're not wimpy flowers. Olympia really amplifies that passionate rosiness.

Olympia Claire is good too. Strong and clear - good qualities in a person.

Why not? Especialy if you or DH is Greek. I'd just suggest keeping the middle name clean and simple: Rose, June, Claire, Helen, Alice are all great choices.

I have an Olympia. Olympia Ray. She was named for my husband's grandmother's Greek Heritage and my grandfather's first name. She is 9 and has never had anyone shorten her name. I will say she is a little shy, so when people mispronounce her name to Olivia, she gets upset but rarely corrects them. I love the name Olympia and we get a lot of compliments on it. Her little brother pronounced it "Ympia" for a long time, but that the only nickname she's had.