Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Gloria?

Gloria is my mother's name and my daughter and I love it! She, on the other hand, thinks its old-fashioned which makes it perfect for today's moms.

I think it is one of those names ready for a revival but it will never reach the popularity levels that other old-fashioned names like Emma and Sophia have.

If you decide to use it, let me know. I would be tickled to know. By the way, our Gloria is know as Glo, Googie or GiGi. I am not crazy about Glory.

I didn't even think about the religious aspect of it. It's really just 'Glory' in Latin, though. Personally I'm not religious, but I was raised Catholic, so the association doesn't bother me.

Yeah, most of the Glorias I know are older. There's one in my family, but I've never actually met her, which is another reason I like it; it won't conflict with family members' names.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I like Gloria, Glory is a cute nickname and I like the vintage feel of it. Definitely a rare name and not a trendy-vintage name which is nice.

Considering:
    Jane✨Fiona✨Thea✨Alice✨Evangeline✨Bridget ✨Gwyneth
    Oren✨Lars✨Bram✨Griffin✨Jude✨Nolan✨Kier an✨Otis

I grew up with a Gloria (cousin). She's in her late 20s now. It does feel rather dated, but dated is in right now. I know my love of Francine and Matilda can't really be explained. In my cousin's case, we called her Loli and Lola growing up. She now prefers her full name. Glory, Ori, Lori or even Glo would also be nice nicknames. I never realized all the nn potential in Gloria! What fun.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Winifred Snow ● Gwendolen Isabeau Fawn ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Polaris Fey

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Love it!! I know 1 and they call her GiGi!!

Adorable! It is on my long list!
    boys names drive me crazy!