Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Opal, Iris?

Oh, Opal and Iris are both on my list, with Iris currently a top contender!

I recently posted a thread asking for people's opinions and other suggestions here –
    http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...our-favourites

Ingrid - I quite like Ingrid, it is both cute and strong (if that is possible). You can imagine it as an equally good name for a baby and a grown lady.
    Evangeline - Gorgeously frilly, for some reason I just can't bring myself to love this name.
    Tuesday - Cute. I wouldn't have the guts to use this as a first name, but would consider it (or Wednesday or Sunday) in the middle name spot.

LOVE Opal and Tuesday. Evangeline is nice but won't be offbeat for much longer. And I can't stand Ingrid and Iris--I like most I-names, but these two just rub me the wrong way for some reason.

I second suggestions of Wednesday and Sunday! Especially Sunday, as I'm crushing pretty hard on it atm.

More quirky/flower names:

Aviva
    Azalea
    Chrysanthemum
    Cleo/Clio
    Hero
    Isis
    Magnolia
    Marigold
    Ondine
    Ozma
    Petra
    Saffron
    Tansy
    Thisbe
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

I'm so surprised people like Tuesday! Idk, maybe if it had a cute nn. Feeling stumped! Darn hubby against Iris...

I recently posted a thread asking for people's opinions and other suggestions here –
    [url]http://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/125208-Please-tell-me-your-favourites[/

Thanks, lots of great names to pour over. Has me thinking about Henrietta. I guess Opal will not be a contender, because of Hubby. Too bad, I always loved them, and they are beautiful and fiery and pretty at the same time. Iris, I do like very much still, working on hubby about it. Ingrid, wished I love, instead of like. It means fertility, and since I find myself pregnant after 15 years of ivf for my boys, it is fitting!

I have an Iris... so I'm biased. But here's why we chose it: 2 syllables (no annoying nn), flower image, vintage image PLUS she was the Ancient Greek goddess of the rainbow. I think it sounds strong and unfrilly while still being very feminine (it might be the Iris/ Iron sound?)

I'd go for Iris!