Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

The Real Top Names?

So I'm bored and procrastinating. I added up the combined spellings of some of the top names and boy does it change things! In particular if popularity bothers you...

Sophia/Sofia/Sophie/Sofie still holds on to her top spot... 34,709 births... JEEZ!

Isabelle and her friends (Isabel, Izabelle, Isabella, etc) is #2 w/ 23,625

Emily (Emely,Emilee,Emmalee,Emilie) would be # 5

Zoe/Zoey/Zoie would be 7. (My future daughter is going to have a lot of same-named friends!)

Chloe/Khloe would be 8

Madison/Maddison/Madisyn/Madyson (really, my fellow Americans, REALLY.... must we butcher this name?) is still 9

Lily/Lilly/Lillie/Lilyana shoots up to 11

Madelyn/Madeline/Madilyn/Madeleine/Madelynn/Madalyn/Madilynn/Madalynn (*facepalm*) goes from 67 to 13

Addison/Addyson/Addisyn would be 14

Riley/Rylee/Ryleigh/Rylie would be 15

Elizabeth/Elisabeth drops to 16

Aubrey/Aubrie/Aubri #17

Avery/Averie/Averi #18

Amelia/Emilia #20 (I know this is technically cheating, as they are different names, but they sound so similar, I had to do it)

Kaitlyn/Katelyn/Caitlyn/Caitlin/Katelynn/Kaitlynn/Kaitlin #21

Adalyn/Adelyn/Adeline/Adalynn/Adelynn/Adelina goes from 198 (Adalyn) to 30

Annabelle/Annabella/Anabelle/Annabel/Anabella/Anabel/Annabell goes from 100 (Annabelle) to 31

I'm sure my math is off, but I think it's pretty close. The Addison/Madison Madelyn/Adalyn spelling catastrophes are a little scary and spelling Zoey with a y ticks me off (sorry all Zoeys out there).

Oh, SSA baby name list fun!
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14