Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Red face Please help me find a first name to go with mn Elise

Hi Everyone,

We are expecting our 2nd daughter in Sept. and, while we've already decided on a middle name (Elise, to honor a favorite aunt) we cannot come up with a first name that we can both agree on. We can definitely can agree what we don't want, though: Nothing unisex, trendy, in the top 10 (even better if its out of the top 20, as our last name is incredibly common), and something that matches big sister Mia's name (popular now, but she's 10 and it wasn't nearly as popular back then). If we could avoid names that lend themselves to nicknames, that would be great, but that's not a dealbreaker. We do have 3 on our 'maybe' list (Cara, Brooke & Jocelyn, to maybe give you a better idea of what we're looking for), but I'm not sure if any of those 3 are THE ONE and I'd really like to have another couple of options to take into the delivery room with me.

So, its kind of a fussy, tall order, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated b/c I've gotten to the point where I feel like I'm reading the same names over and over and over again when I search the internet or pour through books.

Thanks so much!!

Brooke Elise and Jocelyn Elise are nice. I'd avoid names with two syllables, gives an awkward rhythm. How about:
    Fiona
    Jessamine
    Maeve
    Naomi
    Leonie
    Brynn
    Elena
    Oriana
    Jacinda
    Luciana
    Chiara / Kiara
    Nicola

~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~

When I saw this thread, the first name I thought of was Ruby! Ruby Elise. Do you like it?
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

Mia and Brooke is sooooooo cute together!