Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pandora

Pandora

I'm not pregnant, just thinking!

I absolutely love the name Pandora for a little girl, but because of Pandora's box I get mixed feelings about it!

Any opinions? And what are some cute middle names and sibling names for a little Pandora?

Re: Pandora

I don't think I can help you solve your dilemma because I share it. I've always loved Pandora but wondered if it is usable or one of those too-much-of-a-burden-for-a-child-to-bear names. I don't know because that category of names is being re-examined now and several choices once thought way too over the top are now in play. Will Pandora be one of them? I don't know.

The plus side is the sounds are pretty together and the nn possibilities plentiful and cute. I love Panda and Pansy as nns, while others are going to adore Dory and Dot.

The down side, and I'm not sure how much of a downer, is that in mythology "Pandora" symbolizes chaos unleashed.

I absolutely love Pandora. It's absolutely wonderful, and just plain gorgeous.

I love the nicknames Pansy and Dora, which are very sweet, and could also work at almost any age. I know I definitely wouldn't use it, but I do love it as a middle name. It's one of those names which would be fabulous to hear on somebody else's child, just not on your own.

Oh, and I think that someone has already pointed it out, but in mythology 'to open Pandora's Box' means to unleash evil which cannot be undone. It's a shame.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I adore Pandora! It's one of my absolute favorite guilty pleasures. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to use it but I'd definitely use it in the mn spot. It's so sweet and I think Pandy is actually a cute nickname, although I'd have her go by Pandora

Even though she is a negative character in the myth, the meaning of the name is lovely. "all gifted". That's just what I'd want for my daughter: )
    ☆ raphael howard & dahlia hermione ☆

solomon, oliver, julius
    esme, miriam, aliza

current crushes: simone, fenella, hector and lazarus

I love it (and the nickname Pan), but it has a very corporate feel to me right now because of the ubiquitous website/app.
    One little born 1/14