Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I live in a rural area of Canada and actually have met two Tiana's. Both very fair/white so I would never tie the name into someone being 'exotic.' I think Tia is a super cute nickname. My cousin has a daughter named Tia.
    Mom to Mhairi Elizabeth (March 19, 2010) & Fiona Lilidh (Dec 21, 2012) Baby #3 Due March 2014

I agree, while Tiana is somewhat associated with darker/exotic looking women and girls, because of both the disney movie and the fact that I think it is a bit more common in minority groups in the US (African American, Hispanic, AND South Asian...I'm just basing that on where I've heard the name), it's also a really common name or nickname in a lot of Eastern European groups, so I've seen it on white/pale/blonde women as well.

I wouldn't think twice if I saw it on a little blonde child.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

I think it'd be darling on a blonde girl, it brings to mind gold crowns with sparkling clear jewels.

I grew up with a Tiana who was from a large Mormon family. They were all tall, blue-eyed and fair haired. And they all had names that upon hearing it, you would never picture on girls like them. There was also a Tashina and a Briana (Bree-Aw-Nuh). I always thought it was a bit strange. They just never seemed to fit the girls. Not that they were bad names, I just think certain names suit people from different cultures or backgrounds better. But that's just my opinion.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~

It really bothers me that the second a name is worn by a prominent person or character of color people start wondering if it's "unusable" for a white kid. This just reminds me way too much of the One Drop Rule.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...