Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does this name work on a little blonde girl??

I'm not pregnant (Yet) but would like to be soon. I am mommy to a beautiful 4 year old boy named Toby, full name Tobias Kevin. I'm dreaming of having another baby, and of course have already been obsessing over names. My question is this: I really love the name Tiana, and would probably use the nn Tia...but my husband and I are both German-descent, blonde haired, fair skinned people. We were both towheads as kids, and our son followed in our footsteps, so I'm positive any child we had would have blonde hair and light skin. So, does Tiana work on a blonde haired girl? I think I'm thinking about the Disney princess, who was African-American, and my friend Tiana, who is half Chinese/half Hawaiian and very exotic looking. I love the name, but I'm just not sure it works. Thoughts?

Still okay, I think. The name's very tied with princess Tiana but I don't think different colour makes a name unusable.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias

I have a friend named tiana. Her original name is Tatiana but we called her tiana. She has blonde hair and pale skin and for works perfect. Nobody associates her with the Disney princess.as long as you love the name it's not need to worry:-)

" Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too was a gift " ~ Mary Oliver

My name is Vasiliki but I prefer Bellerose . A lover of dark names , trying to be something in her life .

Persephone " Seph " ~ Hades ~ Prometheus .

Personally I do think it suits a more exotic/ darker girl, but if Tiana is the name you love, go for it. I don't think it goes too well with Toby though
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

I don't automatically think of a darker skinned person with the name Tiana. I agree with pp about it having a sort of Russian feel Tatiana, Katrina, etc. I think it can work with many types.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin