Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Throwing out the suggestion of Ada Pearl -- I like that Pearl has the same meaning as Rita, and ends in the -rl like Darl, and Ada has the Da- of Darl.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

I think Marie is lovely as a first name. So unexpected. I love the suggestions of Margot and Greta.

I think that using Pearl is a fabulous suggestion, it fits beautifully with the other names you like. It works so well with the names in your signature, especially as a middle name- Josephine Pearl, Georgiana Pearl, Eliza Pearl...swoon!

When i first saw Rita Marie, the first thing that came to mind was Rosemary.

Darl is a tricky one...Ada is a good suggestion or maybe Darcy? What month was Darl born, what was her birthstone, favourite flower? Maybe you could use a detail like that to honour her instead of actually using her name?
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

Thanks everyone! I really like Marie (as a first name), Margot, Maisie, and Marika. I also think the name Ruby is cute too and I actually think it describes my grandma's personality really well. She's spunky like a Ruby. Pearl is definitely on the list for a middle name. Its short and sweet which is what I like.

As for Darl I kinda like the suggestion of Daria and I love the middle name Darling, but I'm always worried about being too cheesy with "sweet" names. Is Eliza Darling or Anna Darling to "cheesy"?

Also what do you think of Dahlia for Darl? It has the D,a and L for Darl and -ia for Sophia. I like the sound of Dahlia Pearl or Dahlia Josephine Marie.
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

Dahlia Pearl and Dahlia Josephine are stunning! Dahlia is my favorite flower name and not over done like Daisy, Lily, Rose, etc. Dahlia Josephine is an absolutely beautiful name.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14