Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Emily a popular baby name?

I was taking about names with my husband and he didn't know that Emily is and has been a popular baby name. I was stunned.
    favorites: Grace Elizabeth, Mary Grace, Lucy Caroline, and John Benedict nn Johnny

LOL a lot of times parents assume that the names that were popular when they were kids are still popular today- not so, obviously!

I would have thought having 5 kids he would have been a bit more familiar with current name trends. Of course last summer my son made friends with a boy named Asher and my husband was totally confused.
    favorites: Grace Elizabeth, Mary Grace, Lucy Caroline, and John Benedict nn Johnny

This reminds me of talking with my mom. She's always so surprised when I tell her about names of students that I have (especially vintage comebacks). Names that seem totally normal and on trend (like Clara, Emma, Evelyn, Lily, Violet to name a few), get "That's such an old lady name" from her.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

I think you have to know a lot of little children or be a primary school teacher to know what's currently popular! I know two baby girls called Emily born in the last two months.

I thought there weren't many Harriets around and three pop out recently and it's climbing the charts here in the UK.