Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

34 weeks pregnant and undecided on name! Help!

Hi everyone! I'm 34 weeks pregnant with a baby girl.
    The name I thought we had decided on was * Evelyn Rose* (Eva for short) pronounced Eh-vuh..

I'm suddenly having second thoughts? I'm not sure if this is the perfect name for her. I am of mixed European descent and my husband is hispanic- So she will be 1/2 hispanic. We speak spanish at home, and I would prefer a name that is pronounced beautifully and easily in spanish.

I'm looking for a name that is gentle, feminine, sweet, soft, classy?

*Isabel was another top name of mine for awhile... Just not sure if it's too popular?
    Could anyone suggest names or give me your thoughts?

I think Evelyn Rose is lovely, but the middle name Rose is overdone. You could keep Evelyn and find a sweet Hispanic middle name. I'm not Spanish, so I'm not sure which names translate well in Spanish. Some middle name suggestions...

Evelyn Alba
    Evelyn Aurora
    Evelyn Clementina
    Evelyn Estela
    Evelyn Ines
    Evelyn Isla
    Evelyn Lucia
    Evelyn Marisol
    Evelyn Paloma
    Evelyn Ysabel
    Last edited by sarahmezz; May 8th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    First baby due on April 10, 2015

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Evelyn Rose is lovely!!

Here are some more names to consider:

Elena
    Isadora
    Lucia
    Emilia
    Ariela
    Gabriela
    Stella
    Araceli
    Dulce
    Flora
    Paloma
    Estrella

But you will probably look at those and go back to Evelyn, I'm guessing it's just baby name cold feet

Evelyn Rose is very nice. What does DH think? Is it pronounceable to his family? Does it seem okay to him in Spanish?I a ssume if you decided on it, it mistube okay...

I had a classmate in high school who was Hispanic and named Evelyn. It was the first time I'd ever heard the name used in real life. And both Eva and Evelina are accepted names in Spanish, so I definitely don't think that culture's an issue with that name. I do like the suggestion of a more Spanish name in the middle though. Evelyn Rose is beautiful, but Rose is becoming like Marie or Anne-- it's everyone's middle name now.

How about these for Spanish middle names?

Alma
    Flora
    Gisela
    Helena
    Lili or Liliana
    Lucia
    Rosalia
    Rosana (continuing on your theme…)
    Violeta
    Viviana

I tried to pick Spanish names that would be interesting (without resorting to Maria or Rosa), and that maybe would continue the flower/nature theme from Rose.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin