Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dortchen

Dortchen

At first I did not like at all but after reading a really good novel about the wife of Wilhelm Grimm (Brothers Grimm) I have warmed up to it.

Dortchen is the German diminutive of Dorothea meaning "gift of God."

Notes: Dortchen Wild (wife of Wilhelm Grimm) was the person who told the Grimm brothers most of their famous stories: Hansel and Gretel, Six Swans, Rumpelstiltskin and many more....

Thoughts?
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

Sounds like a name for a foreign supermodel a la Doutzen, Behati etc. But it's quite pretty, though I am afraid it may cause pronunciation problems. It will be a brilliant nod to German heritage, of course if you have it

Quote Originally Posted by mclevine View Post
    Sounds like a name for a foreign supermodel a la Doutzen, Behati etc. But it's quite pretty, though I am afraid it may cause pronunciation problems. It will be a brilliant nod to German heritage, of course if you have it
    This. It's a pretty cool name, nonetheless.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

It almost sounds like some kind of tool, to me. I really don't like it. I'd just use Dorothea.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

It's a bit too foreign for my taste. It sounds like a scientific term for a marine animal or something...
    It might work in other places, but i'm not so sure about the US. I could definitely see this getting some teasing.
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~