View Poll Results: Which spelling or variation to you prefer?
- 29. You may not vote on this poll
Results 1 to 5 of 6
Thread: Griffin and its variants.
May 9th, 2013 01:01 PM #1
Griffin and its variants.
Ok. So I love the name Griffin. I am still desperately trying to get hubby on board. So far no luck, but I am gonna keep trying.
The reasons why I love Griffin:
1. I love names/words from mythology, and the Griffin is one of the most interesting mythological beasts in my opinion.
2. I love the nickname Griff, and I like the nickname Finn.
3. Griffin and Luther sound awesome together.
4. Although I am not normally a huge fan of surnames as first names, this is one that I do love. Luther has origins as a German surname, which honors my hubby's family. Griffin is a common surname in Ireland (correct me if I am wrong) and honors my family.
5. Not overly popular, but not unheard of either.
The reasons why hubby seems to be hesitant:
1. Reminds him of Peter Griffin, The Family Guy. This is a drawback for me too.
2. "Too Harry Potter" because of Gryffindor. Considering that we both really enjoy Harry Potter, I don't understand why this is an issue.
That being said, I am interesting in learning your opinions on Griffin. I know there have been threads in the past in regards to it, and I have always enjoyed reading them. I am also curious which spelling or variation you prefer?
Griffin? Griffith? Gryphon? Griffon? etcTtc a baby brother or sister for Luther Wolf!