Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you think of Nolan? Suggestions?

I have been really struggling to find a boys name that I love (I'm 32 weeks). Any names that I like either don't work with our last name or I don't like the nickname associated with the name. Eg. I like Trenton. But our last name ends in 'ton'.

Nolan is one name that I have liked ever since my husband suggested it a few months ago.

What I'm worried about:
    1. Not sure if I LOVE it - or am I just afraid to commit?
    2. It has been gaining popularity and I imagine it will creep further up the top 100 (#93 in 2011). It's even more popular in Canada, where we are, though I haven't heard it anywhere.

If we go with Nolan, baby's full name would be Nolan James (after my dad). I LOVE this combo, but I realize the mn will rarely be heard.

So, what are your thoughts on Nolan? Any other suggestions for me? I'm looking for your opinions!

I really like Nolan and Nolan James sounds great! I don't think this is a name that will skyrocket in popularity - more likely to stay steady.

More suggestions:

Gareth
    Owen
    Colin
    Brennan
    Lachlan
    TTC #1

Do you like James Nolan? Just wondering since you're concerned about James not being heard.

Otherwise, Nolan James sounds great to me.

I think Nolan James is a great name!
    If you are too scared to commit, don't! There is nothing wrong with waiting until you meet your baby to make your final decision Also #93 is not excessively popular so unless you never want him to ever meet anyone with the same name I don't think that will be a problem.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Nolan James is a very nice combo

Crushing on
    ♥ Rosa ♥ Milvie ♥ Elsie ♥ Flora ♥ Inga ♥ Adele ♥ Fionn ♥ Odin ♥ Ingo ♥ Thore ♥ Ellis ♥ Vilme ♥

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~