Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesparrow5684 View Post
    Rowan is all girl for me..
    Well, here in England it isn't.

I honestly think more people will associate Rupert with mr Grint or mr Everett than that bear! There are a few Rupert's popping up here and there, at least around where I live.

As for Jasper being Twilight tied, I don't know anything about that thing but I believe it will wash away in a few years. Besides, most people who like Twilight fall inbetween here; they won't be the mums at school (maybe some, but average age for first time mother's in London is early 30's I believe, so hopefully not) nor his peers.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I like Rowan Jasper, it's a really nice name. I also like Rowan Felix, Hugo Felix and Hugo Jasper.

Considering:
    🍂Jane*Fiona*Thea*Gwyneth*Alice*Evangeline*Bridg et
    🍂Oren*Lars*Bram*Griffin*Jude*Nolan*Otis*Kieran

I like it a lot, though Jasper being a personal favorite of mine, I'd like it even more as Jasper Rowan. But both are great names. Hugo and Felix from your list are also very awesome. Jasper Hugo would be my favorite combo of all.
    And as far as the Twilight thing. I don't think it matters much. Twilight is not a movie that'll be in societies consciousness for much longer, and I don't think Jasper was even much of a main character anyways (I don't actually know, as I've never seen the movies, and until quite recently thought it was a tv show (I was corrected by some of my students that Twilight was the movie series and Vampire Diaries was the tv series (funny, that my Chinese students in China had to inform me about this very American topic (me being American and all))). And Jasper is a classic, always-been-around but never-been-overly-common kinda name, so I think it definitely transcends any kind of flimsy only-Twilight association.
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Yeah I'm definitely not worried about Rowan being seen as girly, I've never heard it on a girl before!

Really the Jasper thing just irked me more than really bothered me. I think I'm definitely on the younger side for a mother in London so perhaps that's why people I know are more in touch with that. I have seen a couple of the films and I'm pretty sure by the time my little one is at school age no one is going to remember that drivel! It wouldn't put me off using the name, but aside from that I'm just not sure how in love with it I am.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, though, I'm going to mull over them for a bit and see how I feel.
    Jilly
    Expecting 20/08/2013 and searching for the perfect name!

The only Rowan I know is a boy. I love Rowan Jasper!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (11), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996